Unlearned Lessons

I often reflect on unlearned lessons. I have come to believe that maybe we are asked or forced to repeat a situation that shares a principle with something that you might have not learned previously. It’s kind of like a life lesson Groundhog Day. So a few days ago on my commute in to work I was reflecting on something that has been bothering me for at least 2 months now and I realized that it shared a lot in common with something that bothered me about 13 years ago that was never really resolved.

Sometimes resolution is not an easy thing to achieve because it involves systems that you have no direct control over. In those cases you need to start thinking about the options you have around the particular thing. Sometimes it’s better or healthier to distance yourself if you can, sometimes it’s about one’s attitude and if your thought process can be redirected towards a positive that may be hiding within the issue. So I’ve decided that the reason I have the pleasure of revisiting this issue is that I didn’t learn the possible lesson the first time.

Now I am trying to approach the issue as a student; what is the overarching theme, what is the root cause, what active role do I have to play, what options are present? In some ways this unlearned lesson is tied to how I feel about January in general. Life as a trajectory is about these many lessons where we learn and grow.


I am not sure if and when I will come to finally learn my unlearned lesson- but I know that I will have to spend a lot more time in my head to figure it out. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts