Sundays

So here we are in the middle of January and I feel as though we have been speeding through this month so far. I’ve only been back at work for 12 days and already so much as been done and I’m looking forward to the exciting projects this semester.

Both my weekends so far in January have been packed full of things both work and other responsibilities related. Last Sunday afternoon/evening I spent hours cooking to prep meals for the week. This weekend my parents were visiting and I spent Sunday trying to get things done for the week ahead, finishing edits of a book review I had been working on and then sent off, and finishing reading a book that underwhelmed me (sadly) between various appointments and to dos. 

I’ve been trying to be more aware and present this year, especially in relation to what my body is telling me. For the past two Sundays I’ve noticed that as soon as the sun sets, around 5pm, my anxiety increases and my shoulders start migrating closer to my ears. This tells me that I need to work on time management on the weekends. I’m rushing on Sundays to get all the household and other to dos done and the setting of the sun acts as the marker of “you are running out of time.” Last night as I was trying to squeeze in making a pot of steel-cut oats for this week’s breakfasts at 8:30pm before my 9pm bedtime I knew that there had to be a better way to do this that also respects my need for downtime and need for more rest.


I also listened to a Charles Aznavour song that I never heard before called “Je Hais Les Dimanches” which spoke to me and what I was feeling. I am sure I am not the only one who has these Sunday feelings. What are your Sunday tasks you wish you could move to another day? How do you feel when the sun sets on another Sunday?

Comments

Popular Posts