That "Back-To-School" Feeling

I have written previously about that "academic feeling;" the feeling one gets when walking through campus or in a library.

Tonight I saw fresh school supplies being put on shelves at the store. It is August 1st, the magical day where these supplies start appearing in stores everywhere in anticipation on September, of new beginnings.

Most can relate to that "back-to-school" feeling. You don't need to be a teacher or student to understand where it comes from. However, it is often difficult to describe this feeling to others who don't quite get what you are talking about.

So I am starting an incomplete, and possibly never-ending, list of things that give me that "back-to-school" feeling. I am adding a few things to this list now and I will add more to it later (when I am not focused on essay grading).  It is my hope that you will all add to this list in the comments section. It would be interesting to see (or dare I say feel) this feeling through others.


Fall
Leaves on the ground
That crisp chill in the air
Writing the first sentence in a new notebook
A freshly sharpened pencil
Corduroy
Blazers with elbow patches (not necessarily tweed)


Comments

Popular Posts