New website, New podcast, It's a Newapolooza

So I did a thing. It is a thing that I have been wanting to do for so long and I talked about it a bit two weeks ago. I decided about a year ago that I wanted to start a podcast that would be focused on accessible pedagogy. It would talk about specific strategies and also be a space where folk could ask questions and I could share resources. As I noted a few weeks ago, the anxiety of actually creating the new website coupled with the anxiety of all the things you need to think about when you start a podcast meant that this took way longer to happen than I expected.

There is also this other thing in relation to the podcast. I have tinnitus, so editing a podcast is pretty difficult for me. I am not sure if the sound is going to be something that those who don't have tinnitus can listen to and I know there is a massive learning curve when it comes to editing things to make it sound a certain way. But I also don't want to sugar coat this. People who have tinnitus make podcasts and listen to podcasts. Folk who are hard of hearing (HOH) or d/Deaf also engage with podcasts. Audism is a thing and audist microaggressions happen all the time, and I do not want this podcast to be a space for that. So I hope in the spirit of what this podcast is about and the community it hopes to support, that y'all will understand and if you have any suggestions at all in terms of things I should do or not do, please let me know.

Pressing publish on that introductory episode today was a lot, but I am glad it is done because now I can focus on the other episodes I have to edit and transcribe. The next one will be out in 2 weeks and it will be about using alt text in educational spaces, as accessibility support and also as teaching and learning opportunity. 

Here is the link to my new website (opens in new window) where you can learn a bit more about me and what I am available for if your space is looking for someone to facilitate a workshop or webinar (only virtual right now), and the kinds of community holding of space I do.

And here is the link to the podcast (opens in new window) which also is linked on my website. I haven't put it in Apple, or any of those other podcatchers yet because honestly doing so is not as straightforward as I thought it would be and is part of the conversation I started about accessible design and platform literacy a few weeks ago. Like who builds these platforms? Who do they think their users are?

I am open to feedback. If there is something I should be doing and I haven't done please please tell me. If there is something I should do to support this being more accessible for you, please let me know and I will make it happen.

Thank you for following me on this new adventure!


Comments

Popular Posts