Stream of Thoughtiousness

I have had a pretty mentally and emotionally heavy last two weeks which of course becomes bodily heavy weeks. Luckily I am about to start a 4-day weekend and it could not have come soon enough. Therefore, for this week instead of a longer thought out interconnected idea blog (which I have not mental space to create) you are getting what I am calling stream of thoughtiousness; it is basically a list of things that I have said to myself this week and I am sure many of these are things you have said to yourself as well. It is a demonstration, in written form, that you are not alone:

  • I could probably phrase this differently but I don't have the mental space to get there at the moment
  • Not everyone can afford therapy
  • This is poorly organized
  • Why do people insist on using inaccessible ASCII art on Twitter and can we find the first person who did this so we can hold them responsible for this garbage?
  • I missed the sun
  • Academic associations really really suck at supporting their people and it is especially disheartening for the amount of fees that we have paid and the membership loyalty we have demonstrated over the years. Basically down with academic associations that are not inclusive.
  • I need to look more carefully into where my membership money is going in September. Corrupt boards you have been put on watch
  • Gosh I really need a vacation
  • People often say to me, I hope you are resting while simultaneously making an ask that means I can't rest and I don't think they get the irony of this 
  • Every time I want to take a holiday for a long weekend someone puts a meeting in my calendar and it makes me sad
  • I really wish Americans would understand that beginning and ends of school years in the world are not the same as the school years in the States and mid-August is a really bad time for a meeting for everyone else in the world except for Americans and yet so many organizations do this and then I have to say no and they make seem like it is me but it's not it's just that y'all don't understand or take the time to read about systems outside of yours and can I strongly suggest y'all read this Wikipedia article.
  • Every day my body aches and I forget what it is like to not have to worry about my tooth hurting or my back aching.
  • I would love to chew on the left side of my mouth again and a year is a long time to not have been able to do that
  • Why are all doctors and dentists horrible in this city
  • I wonder how many people wake up in the middle of the night and eat cereal when they can't sleep
  • I wish folk would read what I send them instead of skimming; I wonder if skimming will continue after the pandemic and if this is our new lack of mindfulness practice now. 

Comments

Popular Posts