Week 3: Declaring My Project


Here is a small teaser for the project that I am doing in relation to #rhizo14.  Stay tuned for how it turns out. 



Literacy and Rhizomatic Learning: Application and Theory

What students are often searching for is a simple 1 to 1 equivalent (tell me what I need to do exactly and I will do it, give me that one definite discrete answer) when higher education today requires something much more complex than that.  What is required is a greater emphasis on literacy on a broad scale. This is not just simply written, oral or quantitative literacy, but rather something more along the lines of the very blurred distinction between digital literacy and information literacy. Instilling this kind of literacy requires at first a return to origins and roots. In this instance I am thinking more along the lines of etymology, that students need to know where these ideas, concepts, words come from before they get to use, apply, and analyze them. (More soon!)

Comments

Popular Posts