Sunday Night Routine

I don’t know about you but I really do not like how it is dark shortly after 7:30pm now. As I am writing this at 8pm it feels like it is the middle of the night but it is only late evening. This weekend seemed to go by quickly, and as I was getting home this evening from running errand I started to go through my Sunday night checklist. It got me wondering what other people’s Sunday night routines are like.

                Now that school has started, Sunday nights have probably taken on a new feeling and new sets of responsibilities. I know I have a list of things I really want to accomplish Sunday night but sadly not all things on the list get done. Here, in no particular order, are some Sunday night routine wins and fails:
Fails
  1. 5 day Lunch Prep I have been struggling with meal prep for the week and I really would love some tips for how to get this done. The best I can do is often 2 days’ worth of lunch (which basically is the same thing in 2 separate containers) but I want to have all 5 days ready to go Sunday night. I don't know how others do this but I am open to any and all advice.
  2. Getting to Bed When I Say I should  I usually aim for about a 9:30 bedtime but to be honest it ends up being more like 10:30 or 11. I usually find myself caught up with a few odds and ends to sort before bed (like cleaning up dishes or answering a few emails) and that chews into my sleep time.

Wins
  1. Review the To Dos for the Week Usually what I do is go through my agenda to see what big meetings I have this week or flag anything I need to prep before a certain day of the week. This allows me to not mentally do checklists when I should be sleeping or chilling and it also gives me a good path for the week ahead.
  2. Go for a Walk or Sit on the Porch If the weather allows it I usually go for a walk or sit on the porch for an hour (or so) on Sunday to help ground myself for the week ahead. Sometimes I listen to podcasts, sometimes I listen to nothing but nature, it depends on my mood. I find this to be a good way to round off my weekend.
  3. Weather Network Check I look at the weather for the week so it can help plan what to wear and any after work activities I may want to plan. It is a small thing but it is a great thing to help give structure to your week.

What does your routine look like on Sundays? Do you lay out your clothes for the next day or two? Do you make lists of to dos? What has worked or hasn’t worked for you on Sundays as you try to get yourself (and in some cases your family) out the door on Monday morning?

Comments

Popular Posts